Monday, April 23, 2007

The Presentation is Over!! Yay!!

I'm so excited! Finally, all our hard work has paid off and we're done with our Home Depot Foundation campaign.

It was a lot of hard work, a lot of long days and nights, but it all paid off. The presentation went really well I think. The representative seemed to really like our plans and suggestions and we got the thumbs up from Dr. Russell, so that's always a good thing.

I would not consider myself a fantastic public speaker, but I got through it and that is the most important thing. My only suggestion to others who don't feel like public speaking is their forte is practice, practice, practice. I can't tell you how many times I went over my part of the presentation. I recited it in the shower, in front of my mirror, with my suit on, in my car and just about anywhere you can think of. I'm sure the people of Athens thought that I was a crazy person because for about three days all I did was go around talking to myself, but it was all worth it.

I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with on this project. I've done more than a few group projects in my college career and my campaigns team was the best by far. We all got along fabulously and everyone pulled their weight. I'm actually going to miss hanging out with everyone. I love my campaigns team members!

This campaigns class has been a wonderful experience. My team and I worked hard, but we came up with an amazing campaign that we are really proud of.

No comments: