Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Job Interview

I went on a second round job interview today. It went really well, except for one major thing. Based on my first interview and their Web site, I thought that the job was for event planning and promotions. That is not the case. It turns out that the job is sales (and on top of that commission-based sales for the first month).

There is nothing wrong with sales jobs or even commission-bases sales jobs, but I know they're not for me. I wish that I would have known exactly what the job was before I wasted an entire day on an interview for a job that I'm not interested in.

So the moral of the story is: Ask tons of questions on your first interview. Leave no stone unturned or topic unaddressed.

I'm going to look at the positive aspects of this situation. Everything is a learning experience. At least I gained some more interview experience and now hopefully I will be more prepared when I go on a job interview that I'm actually very interested in.

No comments: