Monday, April 16, 2007

Earth Day and Good PR Efforts

Earth Day is just around the corner and therefore it's great to see a story like this one: "Pledge a change to make Earth Day special."

Although there's no way to know for sure, I think this story was the direct result of a press release. When I get bogged down in all my classwork I often forget about the good things PR can accomplish. This story is packed with tips that everyone can use to reduce the damage they cause to the environment. The suggested changes and impacts are simple and actually made me think about what I can do to help. If it made me think, I bet it also made other people think.

I'm sure I'm a little bit more susceptible to environmental causes right now since my PR campaigns client is The Home Depot Foundation. Currently, my team and I are busy planning, writing and creating a complete public relations plan. I can only hope that some of our efforts make it as far and reach as many people as this article. This story was published in The Charlotte Observer and was linked to on Netscape.

This story generated a total of 50 votes and 17 comments on Netscape. Although not all of those comments are favorable, at least the story is generating some attention. One comment even expressed the writer's desire to become an environmental lawyer so that he could do his part to help the environment.

No comments: