Thursday, February 1, 2007

This is Me

My name is Whitney and this is my first experience as a blogger. I'm a senior PR major at the University of Georgia. Since I'm graduating in May I am currently job searching amongst all of my other school and extra curricular tasks.

I created this blog as an assignment for my PR Campaigns class, which is the capstone course for public relations majors. In addition to this blogging project we will complete an entire PR campaign plan for a client throughout this semester in this course. I am the assistant account executive for my team and our client is the Home Depot Foundation, which is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting urban forestry and afforddable housing in communities.

I am also involved in a couple of other projects and organizations around campus. I am part of Creative Consultants, a student run PR firm. My team's client is the American Cancer Society and we are currently working to organize a skin cancer awareness campaign on campus. I am also on the PR Committee for Relay for Life and we are working to promote the Relay for Life event and all of the fundraisers that are connected with it. We are also working to do some fundraising of our own.

This post is just a brief overview of me and some of my activities. I plan to use this blog to discuss many aspects of PR as well as any relevant PR experience I encounter in my classes, activities and life in general.

No comments: